Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Did Someone Order a Dancer-Extradinaire?!?!

My tweet for the day had to do with DREAMS!  I firmly believe that instead of wasting time dreaming about what you could, should or would do...make those dreams and thoughts a REALITY! 
**True Story**
When I was a senior in high school, I was apart of the drill team.  4 years.  Officer for 1 year and the Captain for my last year!!  I'll never forget thinking to myself my graduating year, "They have scholarhips for football, basketball, track, swim, tennis and golf...scholastic grants and money, but nothing for dance! 
Do not tell me dance is not a sport or I'll throw you across the football field!!!!   ;)
In the traditional sense, you're right it's not; but for a student (and a great student at that) and a dancer (a great dancer at that) you'd think there would be monies allocated somewhere for the "student athlete" like me!  There wasn't.  I had spent four years dancing my little heart out.  Training and preparing, and for what? To be told,  "That's the end of the line for you pretty girl!  Go run track.  You'll at least get a scholarship and travel."  (Okay, okay!!  No one said that to me; but you could imagine!) I received all kinds of money for college too.  All only for my scholastic achievement...which is great...but it should be MORE out there for the student like me!!
I always wanted to create a scholarship for the "student like me"! Sooooooooooooo...it is finished and complete!  I have finally done it!  I've wanted it, talked about it, imagined it, dreamt it and now, after 10 years, I've made it into a reality!!!  The Khrystian Cunningham Dance Scholarship, a scholarship designed purposely to provide aspiring dancers with the opportunity to fulfill their dreams whether to begin a dance career or continue with their dance education.  Here is the criteria:

ELIGIBILITY:


1. Graduating High School Seniors that are college bound.

2. Must be residents of the United States or programs must benefit United States citizens.

3. Overall G.P.A. of 2.5

4. A minimum of 6 hours in community service.

5. All application materials must be submitted in one packet and postmarked on or before June 30, 2010.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND APPLICATION CHECKLIST:

To be considered, candidates must submit a complete application packet as follows:

• Printed or typed application form

• 2 letters of recommendation (May be from a counselor, teacher or community leader. Letters must appear on an official letterhead from the school and/or community service organization.)

• Official transcript in a sealed envelope

• 300-500 word typed Essay on how performing arts, particularly dance impacts society, you, and your development as a dancer. (Include how you intend to further your career in dance.)

• 2:00 minute audition video showcasing dance talent and ability (Needs to be a clear, unaltered video of scholarship candidate, with no less than 2:00 minutes of dance. Please label with first and last name)



***Note***Applications received after the deadline or incomplete application packets will not be evaluated, open transcripts will not be accepted, and application materials will not be returned!



Award Recipients will be notified by August 1, 2010!



COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKETS SHOULD BE MAILED TO:

Crowd Pleasers Entertainment

Attn: Khrystian Cunningham Dance Scholarship

P.O. Box 57911

Webster, Texas 77598
This my moment of bringing one of my many dreams into REALITY!  What have you done today to move one step closer to a goal, ideal, dream, or desired lifestyle?!  Do it!  Don't waste time!  WWDD?!?!?!

Happy Goal Making!

No comments: