Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Game

Okay!  So I was one of the millions (just like you, I'm sure) anticipating the newest arrival of the hit sit-com The Game!  I couldn't wait to see it, deliberate it, and get back into living this oh-so-close-to-reality show I love so much with, and I might add, all the eye-candy I love to see each week!  Well the drama superseded my expectations!  I liked it...I won't say I loved it...well, I have mixed reviews.

Kelly is annoying!  Her character (which I've come to find out through reading it on an interview she did is supposed to be more so re-occurring.  So that may shed some light on the annoyances of her and the relationship she now has with Jason.  It just seems as though she wouldn't be SO bitter after two years, not with her husband.  My goodness, at the end of the last show he had moved on to a new relationship.  Although, it's clear that relationship is over...I don't think her character should be so ratchet!  It's gross and seemingly out of character for Kelly Pitts (maiden name)  When she hung with her old-school friends she wasn't even like that, and she didn't want to even name-drop to get into the club.  So her apparent, change of heart, is a bit baffling!

Jason Pitts-pretty much where I thought he'd be.  I'm attracted.  I'm intrigued.  He's not doing the football thing, and rightfully so, he's much older than the other guys aaaaaaand, it was sort of a washed up situation in the ending of the series to begin!  Plus Colby Bell is in contract with another series and couldn't really do the commitment of the game at the time of contractual negotiations!  Bummer!

Tasha Mack...what can I say, she's back...and kind of wack!  Lol!  Just kidding, just trying to rhyme!  Anywho, I have to watch and see how I feel about her.  I was looking forward to her and Rick Fox's relationship (albeit going through a little bit of drama) working out.  I would have like to see her become a more settled woman...not that the man would make her settled, but she and Rick complimented each other (personality-wise) He was the ying to her yang!

Derwin!  What can I say; I love this church-boy!  He deserves good things.  He made a few mistakes, however; I still totally blame Melanie.  He was a good guy.  Marriage material and she damn near threw him to the wolves with her over the top antics and gung-ho attitude about their relationship.  I mean, you're living together, acting as if you're married; what was the crime in getting married the very first time he asked you?!  Before Drew Sidora, or Janay, or whomever!!

Malik Wright is still a mess.  His character is true to form and surprisingly, not over-the-top!  He's just what I expected- a spoiled athlete that's used to getting what he wants and he will act a fool, either to get it or keep it!  Typical man on a secret mission to rule the world!  Haha!  Looking forward to his shenanigans!

Melanie (Med School).  I'm already exhausted with her!  She was wrong before the series ended and she's still wrong.  I'm sorry, but by now she should be over this whole baby momma drama.  The kid was born the day of your wedding.  He prevented you from totally walking down the isle.  Sorry, but when Derwin signed that kids birth certificate; it was a done dada!  Leave it alone!  Move on!  You have the man!  Shut up about it!
Welp!  Looking forward to tonight...I'll be tuned in like you!
P.S. Congrats to the 7.7 million viewers rating on the first night it aired!

No comments: