Friday, January 7, 2011

As the World Turns (in real life)...

"After reading your blog, I decided to write you. I am coming to you because you may have the answers or insight on a few challenges that I am having at this time. I cannot discuss this with my friends because I do not want them in my business at all. I have to have closure and peace with this whole situation. Playing with a fool will make you foolish. I have been embarrassed for weeks and refuse to feel this way another day.

He got my number from Facebook.  I am only communicating with him right now only because he owes me money. He supposedly lost his wallet. After that someone used his checking card. Then his bank froze his account to investigate. Like a dumb ass I loaned him money. I know it may sound crazy and I cant tell you that it all makes sense. He has paid me back half of what he owes. He keeps making excuses saying he will return the money tomorrow, like every day...I had a law enforcement friend check him out. I was advised that he has a history of fraud. I do not know him and I feel horrible that I allowed him for a brief time in my world.
I do not know him very well. All I know is that he is a habitual liar. In your personal opinion should I leave he balance that he owes me alone. Is he a criminal? There is so much I don't know. Is he dangerous? I do not like the fact that he knows where I live. My daughter and I live here and I almost want to move because of this."

Time and time it's been said...desperate times call for desperate measures.  Of course, I don't know the extent to this so-called relationship and I never truly will... frankly; it doesn't matter...but I can tell you safety is number one.  Safety is what should have caused you not to engage in a relationship of any kind with someone you don't know that "psycho-ly" got your number from facebook (rule numero Uno!) Safety would have told you if you don't know him very well he should NOT be at your home and most definitely in any location where your child dwells.  Safety should have propelled you to find out those latter questions you asked of yourself and law enforcement friend about him in the beginning and not now that he owes you money.  Safety is what should have been your biggest knock in the head to not loan someone you don't know any money whatsoever.  If safety is now all of a sudden your concern...leave the balance as is!  I won't continue to berate you; for as you said; you've "been embarrassed for weeks", but I will empahasize- Live and Learn!  Pick up and learn from your mistakes- next time, hang up the phone as soon as someone says they got your number from facebook!  At least use a reputable source like match.com or something!  They do reference checks!! LOL!

No comments: