Thursday, November 25, 2010

OMG Tour

So...if you know me...you know I love Usher Raymond!  So much so, that I've dated a man that was spitting image to him LOL!  (not on purpose, I swear)
I've always known Usher to be a beast performer, but it had been close to 13 years since I last saw him in concert.  What can I say?  WE'VE grown together lol!
I waited to the last minute to get my tickets, which is normally highly unlikely of me, but for whatever reason...I just waited until the day before to get them.  Surprisingly, however, my seats were GREAT!  I got to the concert on time.  I didn't care to see Miguel (sorry new artist) but if I don't know your music, I'm not into you.  I'm sure someone is though. 
Trey Songz
My first impression of Trey Songz was grand.  I loved the countdown of 2 minutes until Mr. Steal Your Girl! Cute!  Now, I must say...many naysayers and lots of folks that have vocal abilities beyond my control have said admantly that Trey can NOT sing.  So, I counted down the 2 minutes expecting the worse.  He began with (my fav) panty dropper!  The bomb.  He would do falsetto's and if you've read my previous blogs, you know I'm a sucker for a grown man and a falsetto!  He also, I must say, has a great smile and boyish good looks...so that mos def hasn't hurt his review from me LOL!  He jammed.  He didn't have any glitz or glam and he only stayed on the stage for about 30-45 minutes...but I loved every minute of it.  He sang every song I personally love, so he was ALL GOOD!
Usher                                  
The main attraction!  Of course they had to clear the stage...as soon as the lights went down and flurry of dancing men came onto the stage reminding me of an Alpha step routine!  Then came fireworks and a great boom!  Usher hit the stage.  Well actually hit the center of the toyota center and came from the ground to the sky (the bomb)  This man danced and sang his way through the air on a platform, lowered onto the stage, and kept dancing and flying through the air all as he sang!!
He then gave a tribute to the late, great Micheal Jackson (like no other could)  He dubbed himself Mr. Steal Your Wife and might I add...his dancers?!  Well let's just say...those women had me wanting to get my lil' self home, stretch and practice some new routines honey!  They were the bomb!  Oh, and Ms. Trenise...I am totally jealous of you on that stage during trading places...heffa!  Lol!  Just kidding! 
Just when you thought the show was over and he took position back into the air...it ain't over!  He began to pay homage to all his fans that have been ride or die for the past 18 years of his career, "this ain't a comeback," he says.  Then begins to play EVERYTHING you could imagine...all the great hits and number one collabos! He gave it to us and then some!  He ended with bad girl, confessions and of course....OMG!!So hats off to an awesome oh my gosh tour!  I loved it!

No comments: