Thursday, November 25, 2010

Fresh Fest!

Despite the misuse of a friendship from a particular person that will remain nameless...I had a great time at the Fresh Fest!!  I did arrive late and got to the concert just as Kid n' Play were hitting their famous dance duet!  So all was right with the world!  I think by far Naughty By Nature did the best as far as the show is concerned.  Treach has NOT changed.  That body is still right!! LOL!  A highlight for me was being able to communicate with them via twitter after the show!  I suppose twitter is a vast and resourceful tool for communicating through social networking!  Who would've thunk it?!  Vinny made the announcement to follow the group on twitter...I did...he responded...and then followed me back!  Cool! Salt n' Pepa, who I thought to be the headliner did alright!  Age has caught up with them.  The dance routines they did were sort of played and tired.  Sorry!  I love them don't get me worng...but with love comes honesty!  I tell ya' girls...next tour only rap!  Hire some choreographers and dancers to do the entertainment portion!  Heck!  Call me...I'm available!!!
The most interesting portion of the show was at the end when Salt had a come to Jesus meeting.  I'm all for prayer and supplication...trust me I am, however; it was ackward to say the least.  And her prayer of choice was to blast Kirk Franklin's Stomp as everyone was leaving the arena.  Mmmmmm, just something that makes you go...
I loved, loved, loved the interludes of old school music they played!  Brought back memories that I must say were bitter-sweet.  On one hand I reminised and thought back to happier times and on the other hand I reminised and thought back on happier times!  I almost cried right there in the arena in and around the midst of all those people.  It just seemed sad how life goes on...with or withOUT you, life goes on!  It made me want to cherish any and everybody I could think of.  I'm a softy like that!
Toodles!

P.S- Mad Hatta and Chilli Bill-Stay OFF the stage trying to get the crowd ready for the next act!!  We'd prefer music...please and thanks!

No comments: