Thursday, December 1, 2022

Jackie Robinson Year

 2022.  Whelp, this year has been more of a doozy than I care to share.  The loss of my brother totally, if not completely, put life and all other things into perspective for me.  I'd like to think I'm more tolerable, forgiving, even easy going.  Today is the first day of December.  I usually party the entire month, and I'm sure in some fashion I will.  The closer to the fourth day of the month of December we get, the more I ponder on my Jackie Robinson year, the more I think of a quote he once said:

"Above anything else, I hate to lose."

Honestly, I don't think anyone goes around life loving to lose.  The quote is not prolific in any way, it's just a very REAL and honest statement.  He was a ball player.  He meant what he said, and the only thing he expected to do, which made him a legendary ball player was to get on base and knock every hit out the park.  At least in stating above anything else, he hated to lose is my best estimation of the quote.  It's what I'm taking from the quote, and it's what I mean when I say:  It's my Jackie Robinson year!

Jackie Robinson responded to opposition, resistance, and barriers with GREATNESS! He didn't raise any bars.  He SET the bar!  A trailblazer.  He planted seeds and through his hard work, not only watched his seeds grow, but enjoyed the fruits of his seeds so much so he made room for his family to eat as well!

My Jackie Robinson year! The countdown begins and I'm ready to knock it out the park!

photo courtesy of Google and 42 movie




No comments: