Saturday, December 26, 2020

My Take-Insecure

I’m late to the Insecure craze but I’ve gone back to season one and watched at the start of the quarantine.  From my view; Molly and Issa have had the same “in your face, tumultuous” banter the entire series. At Issa’s event in Baldwin Hills, season one for instance, the fight was very reminiscent of the fight at the Block Party during this past season. Calling each other out and hitting below the belt with personal jabs🤷🏾‍♀️ For me female friendships are surface, I’m private by nature, so I’ve never been the type of girlfriend that spills intimate “secrets” I’m a great listener and will give feedback when asked. But female relationships for me have been having those around me that have something in common with me and we enjoy each other’s company...laughing, supporting one another, or just being a sounding board...and I’m out ✌️ when or IF it gets too toxic. However, (unpopular opinion) while everyone is saying Molly is a toxic friend; I think she and Issa mirror each other. I think sometimes people in relationships grow or mature and most times the other person is not in the same level so what would be a mirror image to you, has turned into a “toxic” relationship. No! Just call it what it it...Issa desires to do, or see, things differently and now all the traits about herself that brought her and her best friend together are irksome, annoying, and downright unacceptable to Issa.  
I’ll be watching next season along with everyone else and I’m looking forward to seeing what’s in store for their friendship AND what’s going to happen between she and Lawrence now that he’s expecting a baby with Condola.



No comments: