Monday, June 23, 2014

Difference Between Fiction and Reality

As The World Turns (In Real Life) Episode 5
Here's a story that a bitter woman told. After you read the fiction story that the bitter woman told, I'll give you the eyes-wide open REALITY!

Bitter Woman: I'm at a graduation party and a woman (a hometown associate) came up to me asking how I'd been since the divorce. I answered great! Then she asked, how my ex-husband was. I then replied, well you should know! You go to dinners and movies with him and his new woman. The associate looks puzzled since I've now called her out. I continue and say, my daughter's dad is fine. 
The associate then goes on to tell me. She's heard he's doing quite well and has gotten newly engaged, and he's been looking at houses with his new woman. I then tell my associate, I hadn't heard of that and I'm pretty sure if I wanted my marriage, I could still have it back. 

   Here's the REALITY

The bitter woman saw her hometown associates (two of them) out last year (several months back) with her ex-husband and a woman. She previously spoke and held a conversation with the associates before she saw that her associates were clearly at the movies with her ex-husband and his new boo on some type of couples outing. Had she known before she spoke to the associates...her bitterness more than likely would have prevented her from speaking to them. 
Fast forward to the graduation party the bitter woman attends, she now, sees one of the culprits, er... I mean associates, and thinks it's a perfect opportunity to "find out" from a third-party what's up with her ex-husband, since obviously the associate is "friends" enough to go to dinner and a movie with her ex-husband's new woman. 
The bitter woman speaks to the associate. The associate speaks and asks the bitter woman how has everyone (meaning mother and child) been and adjusting since the divorce. The bitter woman says, I'm great, but you should know how my ex-husband is doing since you hang out, going to dinner and movies with him and his new boo all the time, but anyway...his daughter is good too! The associate looks puzzled because her intentions were to speak and this bitter broad has opened an entire new can of worms that she couldn't care less about because she has her own husband and two kids to worry with. Why would she be concerned about a divorced bitter woman and her EX-husband!  The associate then says, I don't know about all of that. Yes we've been around each other once but the last thing I've heard is that they're looking at houses, and talking engagements so they must be still together and happy.
Upset at the twist of events and the fact that the taste was just slapped out of her mouth since that's not the answer or reaction she was looking for from the associate; the bitter woman's only outlet is to go into quick defense mode and say in one swift comment, I don't know about any of that...I'm pretty sure if I wanted my marriage I could have it back. 

One story makes sense, adds up, and goes in a logical order while the other story is sporadic, unclear, and clearly not thought through. One story makes sense while the other does not. One story has a clear motive by someone and shows a self-serving purpose, while the other sounds absurd! One even oozes with a bitter, tart smell...but hey; you decide!

xoxo, 
Living in love, not hate! Stay in your lanes sweetie pies...you might get crashed and BURNED ;-)


No comments: