Sunday, May 25, 2014

¡Painting With A Twist!

I've been wanting to get my feet wet with a painting class, cooking class, etc forever! Time and opportunity just never quite presented itself at the perfect collision. I never was quite sure if I wanted it to be just family, a combination of family and friends, a couples activity, all girls....I just wasn't quite sure. I knew I wanted it to be a memorable and easy-breezy occasion. That! I was sure of. After seeing several different subpar paintings posted, I finally settled on one class that I was certain would be a hit, well; to my kind. The kind that'd like to try something "new", least of all "different". I invited a few people that are usually looking for "something" to do on the occasional, inviting Friday night. An after work, wind-down out of the mundane routine of drinks, dinner, movies, or clubs. So, after I saw the calendar for an after-hours Friday night, couple or single painting class, with the cute wine glass or beer mug option; I thought it was perfect. Gives folks time to enjoy their perfectly good Friday, and allows them to come...if desired. 
I sent out texts....not to everyone I know...but to people, like I said that's always inquiring about my Friday plans. 
We had a GREAT time! We brought in dip, trays, and drinks! I mean...it IS painting...WITH a twist. It moves fast though....so u gotta pay attention! If not...Who really cares!? You pay a measly $35 for a painting, YOU paint, to hang in your home, memories to share, and a fun, relaxing (only if you're NOT a perfectionist lol), bonding experience, and if you're like my group...you even meet new people! All in all; I give kudos.  I can't wait to go back! 

No comments: