Sunday, May 25, 2014

Hold Me in Contempt

By Wendy Williams was pretty good! Had me glued to it like was watching an episode of Wendy Williams Shows segment of Hot Topics. Turning the pages or reading from chapter to chapter was the much anticipated return from commercial breaks. 
If you know Wendy, well are familiar with her knack for giving juice and serving tea...you could imagine her book not straying from the same imaginative, intriguing details either. 
Although everyone in my book club rated the book a FOUR against my FIVE; they felt the book gave too many insignificant details and had a slow start. I thought the details dwindled at the end and, sort of, ended abruptly. Or...I should say; it seemed like she looked at page numbers towards the end of writing and said: let me finish this already! Lol
For me; I enjoy details. I enjoy visuals. I want to be engaged....place me right into the nucleus of the characters brain, life and what's going on. So, I was okay with some details. Although, I agree; some things left you saying, "Ok! What's the point of telling me that?" 
It's not, by far, the best book I've ever read, but I'll certainly blog about it...which in essence is telling the world. 
Check it out yourself and let me know what you think!

No comments: