Tuesday, January 28, 2014

It's Me, Not You

I've come to the definitive conclusion; based solely on my life experiences, and with all that continues to come my way that it's me and not any one else that's responsible for the life I live. The life I accept, rather. From my business career choices to my personal relationship choices. 
I used to live in denial. I used to act dense. But now, today, for sure; I know it's me! 
No one else!
Me!
I'm choosing the people I meet, befriend, date, fall for...I'm choosing the bad decisions, mishaps, disasters...I'm choosing the heartaches, heartbreaks, headaches...
It's my fault! It's my bad. I'm in the wrong. 
I've been annoyed, offended, and irritated by everyone but the one person that's responsible and that's me! 
I've been blinded. Thinking I was innocent in single-handedly ruining, damaging, and destroying my life. I, indeed, have been the culprit! 
Why though?
Perhaps it was because I was naive. Maybe it was simpler to blame everyone else. Could it have been vulnerability? Or, dare I say, weakness. No! Couldn't be that, right?! Not weakness? No one ever wants to truly admit their weaknesses, right? 
I've lied to myself. I've manipulated myself. I've had a hidden agenda with my damn self! 
The first step to recovery is admittance right? The first stage in releasing demons is to expose them, right...and they flee? 
So here it is:
It's ME, not you!

xoxo

No comments: