Monday, September 16, 2013

Oh me, oh my! Cooking for a Large Family Pt. 1

You know that "joke" conversation you have with someone about the next meal eaten by the group being your cooking?! Yea, well...for me that "joke" conversation has came to fruition! 
I have been given the daunting task of cooking Sunday dinner for a family of about 15!!!! Yes! Me! The girl that doesn't cook! The girl that is known by her FIRST name at all area restaurants! Yes! (as I raise my hand in the air) ME! 
It's no holiday! It's no special occasion...it's just a good old Sunday after church! 
Oh me, oh my! What am I going to do?! 
I've never cooked for more than like nine...and that was pasta and chilli for my work family during LUNCH time, not a full-on DINNER. On a Sunday, at that! A Sunday where I will surely be judged as if I've entered into some type of cooking contest! 
Me!!
Yes, me! The girl who's just begun using appropriate kitchen utensils! The girl that stays on the telephone asking "how" "where" and "when" as it relates to ingredients and all things cooking! 
Egad!! I'm soliciting all ideas for menu options! 
I've thought of pasta- but that's the easy way out. It's something I know I can do and therefore, it bores me to allow that to be my go-to meal. I thought of a roast...and that's kind of what I'm leaning towards...but believe me! All options are being considered!! So, if you know of great menu ideas...please spread the wealth and let me know. Nothing too fancy and surely nothing too complicated! My name is Khrystian...not Betty or Martha! 
I'll keep you posted as I plan, prepare and host! Stay tuned...

No comments: