Wednesday, June 12, 2013

RHONJ


I love me some real housewives! Whether it's New Jersey, OC, Atlanta, New York, or Beverly Hills. I didn't get into DC or Miami, although I watched them over time, they just didn't keep my interest. 
OC, for me, are the originals and everyone after just follows suit; with Vicki being the original OG, but Teresa Giudice from NJ happens to be one of my favorites! I adore her and those four little girls, especially Milania's feisty-bad butt! Lol she cracks me up! What can I say, watching people make a fool of themselves, put themselves out there, watching how other people in the world vacation, live daily, or handle conflict is my guilty pleasure!
Anywho, the morning of Tuesday, June 11th, my mom lets me know Tre will be at Barnes and Noble- Town & Country holding a book signing. "You want to go?" She asks, and of course, I say, "I'm there!"
The last meet and greet we went to was with Ramona Singer of NY, when she held a sampling and signing for her Pinot Grigio (yuck I may add...just not my taste...very bitter!)
Well, my mom figured this book signing would be similar to that one; small scale, quick and easy-meet and greet! The book signing was anything but, as I suspected! I had to remind my mom that Teresa has a larger following, she's a fan favorite, and those that aren't fans; love to hate her! Lol
When we got there the line was wrapped around the book cases and the employee promptly, but kindly, told us all four of her books were sold-out! 
SOLD-OUT!!! 
Egad!! We'd planned to buy books there! Had I checked my Twitter before arrival; I would've seen all the complaints of sold-out cookbooks!
Where to find Teresa Giudice cookbooks?
Well one place was definitely in the arms of these fans. Most had bought all four copies of her cookbooks.  We quickly figured we'd try the stores around the neighborhood and since there was such a long line; one of us could go drive around to other bookstores in the area!
NO luck!
Every bookstore in the area sold-out!
SOLD-OUT!!!
I frantically begin making phone calls to people I knew lived in the vicinity in the hopes to get someone kind enough to stop what they're doing, go to their nearest bookstore, then bring the book to me in the line at the Barnes and Noble!  I called several people-no answer! Other people mid arrival to other locations or in the middle of something! Alas! My sorority sister (line sister) calls back! She's just leaving the grocery store! She's passing a Barnes and Noble as she speaks!! She'll go in to see if they have the book and call me back! 
Mind you, we'd just gotten word that, that book store was sold-out! 
SOLD-OUT!!!
 I almost called Tiffany, my linesister back and said, don't even bother going in, but just as I was about to, she called me to confirm the title of a cookbook she'd found! 
Found one!!!
I was elated! Tiffany said she'd get the book, drop off her groceries and come and bring me the book! Thank God for friends, knowing people, and KIND people! Kind with their resources, time, and energy!
By the time Tiff had gotten there, the line was moving but we weren't close. She confessed she didn't know Teresa was in town and wanted a picture with her too so she joined my mom and I on our quest to meet Teresa! We drank coffee, talked, laughed and finally got to the front of the line. 
But, not before a woman, whom had clearly been drinking heavily before she got there, walks over to us and whispers, "If I give you this twenty dollars, could my gay friend, who loves her get in line with you. He has to be somewhere is all?"
My mom, oblivious to what she says asks, "What?" and I, take the money from the lady and say, "For twenty dollars, ya, tell him to come on." Here we meet Sage. Yes. I know. You're probably wondering why she referred to him as her "gay friend" well...who knows and I don't really care, but that's probably how drunk people talk lol!
Sage goes on to enlighten us about his meetings with Lisa Vanderpump, of Beverly Hills, whom I adore! Now, keep in mind, I've met many a celebrity. Either in casual experiences, because I know them, because I'm going to a meet and greet, signing or VIP function, or mainly just because I'm usually at the right place at the right time! I've WORKED with many a celebrity. Heck, in some instances; I've BEEN the celebrity! It's just a fun encounter when you see the people you watch on a television. I like to compare the "television them" to what my natural eyes see. I like to note their height, weight, quirky features that distinguish them. I suppose it's no different than when I go people sighting at a park or mall. I enjoy it!
We had fun, we met Teresa...and Juicy Joe was even there! It was a tad bit of a scavenger hunt, and we love, love, loved every bit of it!!! 
 

My only regret is that I didn't take a picture of Sage...for memories sake! Lol

No comments: