Thursday, April 4, 2013

I wish

I wish I could swim. Let me rephrase that...I wish I wasn't terrified that a large, massive body of water could engulf me so much so I no longer have control of my own body!
A bit dramatic but I'm not ashamed of my truth! One of "white" friends once told me most "black" people don't swim. I found that funny! Hilarious actually. I wasn't offended. She wasn't attempting to be offensive, just cognizant of what she'd observed in her life.
I find it quite comical if you attend a "black" pool party versus a "white" pool party all the obvious (not so stereotypical) visions of splendor you will see! Lol
Anyway, I digress.
I wish I was more water inept so that I could swim with the dolphins or scuba dive or surf or snorkel (YES!!! Judge me!! I have gone snorkeling but feared for my life so much I don't really remember it! I believe at that moment; my boyfriend at the time may have been DONE with me! Lol)
It's an entire other world under the sea! They even wrote a song about it, you know, from Little Mermaid!
If I wasn't so afraid I could explore the oceans, seas, rivers, ponds, etcetera, etcetera! Lol
Those of you not afraid; enjoy! Enjoy enough for me please and thank you!
XOXO

No comments: