Friday, April 12, 2013

Annoying

Seriously! It's annoying the stereotypes and dumb misconceptions that people...most people have!
So, because I have shoulder to past shoulder-length hair that happens to be thick...it MUST be weave right? Right! That's what most people are thinking! It's ridiculous! My hair is not "long" but that happens to be the adjective I consistently hear from males and females alike!
One lady said today as I sat getting prepped for a Relaxer, "Her hair is so thick I just assumed it was a weave, but I know you can't do a relaxer on weave."
One man said, "Is this all your thick pretty long hair?"
Most people say, "Oh! That's not weave?" I remember a lady in high school saying to me, "Your hair is always so perfect, thick and pretty it looks like a wig."
I mean seriously!!!! If I had weave or even a wig they'd be down to my bootay! Extraordinarily Long and for no good reason except that I can. Even when I have worn weave for performance purposes or just because it is totally my perogative; that hair was L O N G!
I do believe in matching your hair to your weave or otherwise; what's the point!? So I can empathize when I'd have weave L O N G and people would ask if it was mine, because I actually know HOW to wear weave waaaaaay past the deadline you must renew, refresh or plain take it out! Lol! But now! With this (what I call) itty bit of hair Please! Get your Life! See the world! Not everyone has nappy, short hair, and not everyone wears weave or wigs!!
Just venting, not mad ;-)

No comments: