Friday, January 22, 2010

Man Down!!

Around the turn of my 27th birthday I decided I had partied enough for 10 other college co-eds. The club scene had gotten REALLY old and monatanous to me. I couldn't bare another night of hearing the same music, seeing the same faces, dancing to the same pattern of songs, being hit on by the same lame guys and getting my feet stepped on! Don't get me wrong; I had been going to different clubs and I had been hypothetically seeing different people; but I have to say, the night may have changed, but it was still the same old thang!
I had gotten into a phase where I only relied on one particular club to hang at...Wednesday, Friday and sometimes Saturday! It was/still is my favorite spot. I knew all the ins and outs. I always had a seat, a drink and I would never tire of dancing. BUUUUUT, even that was getting way OLD!
It wasn't until a few of my high school friends and I got together for what some may call a mini reunion and went to South Beach!! I'll just say we had one doozy of a good time and leave it at that! ;)
However, during that time, one of the major things we would do was buy a section of the hot night clubs along the strip! We had a blast and there were never any unwelcomed men bumping and grinding on us like they were dogs in heat (I absolutely HATE that!). It wasn't too hot. I didn't come out smelling like smoke and my feet NEVER hurt! I made a decision then and there. That was the only way to party!
Mind you, I use to absolutely be "that girl"! The one you could always call at anytime of the day or night and ask me what was popping, the hot spot to go, where it's located, directions on how to get there, what the cover was, and what was the dress code. I knew it all. I would spit it out and even give you a mini review on exactly what you would or wouldn't like about the spot! But now
~WE SERIOUSLY HAVE A MAN DOWN SITUATION~
I couldn't tell you where to go on a Friday night if you paid me a million dollars (Okay! Scratch that! For a million dollars, I'll take you there personally!) But you get what I'm saying! I don't know these new up and coming trendy spots, hot clubs or bars... Trust me-I don't care either! My previous comments still stand.
Now a days; give me a good movie to watch, a nice glass of wine or one of my favorite cocktails from home and I'm great! Where I use to get to a club early to beat a line and make it for drink specials; then stay until the lights come on. Now, I still get there early, but I'm ready to go by 11! I'd rather be in the bed or at least, at home! I rarely feel like dressing up! It's either too hot or too cold. If I do go, I'm ready to go after a few songs!
Now, when I want to go out, I go to bars or resturants and hang out for their happy hours! I love trying and learning about new cocktail recipes! The little bit of a crowd and the wrestle of finding enough bar stools or a decent booth, and hounding for a good bar tender is enough of a rush for me!
And when I feel like dancing; I throw a good old-fashioned HOUSE PARTY!! You're not over-charged, you don't have to worry about parking, you can drink as much or as little as you like, no one is in heat, and your favorite song (well let's just say you can play it as many times as you like!)

No comments: