Friday, August 1, 2008

My So-Called Fabulous Life!

I had such a great time out with a few of my friends last night. I say that because my Thursday began like any other regular Thursday for me. I woke up, ate little something and smashed out in front of the television ALL day watching reality tv. Keeping up with the Kardashians had a marathon on. I would look at my phone each time something popped up, a text or a call and wouldn't answer it unless it was my mom or any other immediate family member. It was just one of those days. You know, "that a girl goes through", quoting Monica lol. Anywho; at about 5 o'clock, simply put; tired of just wasting my day, I answered a text from my good friend Brandy. She wanted to go to a happy hour and catch up. She seemed all excited at first, which got me in the mood, but I still would have to shower, get dressed, do something to my hair; which had been dried up from the wet look for atleast 2 days, and then drive to meet her. To top that off, we had no idea where exactly we would meet. So I called my girl Tay and asked if she knew any spots. She mentioned that another friend Kate wanted us to go to Venue that night, so reluctantly I agreed. After about another hour I called to tell Brandy I was ready and she bailed on me! I would have easily just went back to bed, but something told me to get up and do something, especially if I planned to do something later...you know keep the momentum going! I then called my down-the-street-partner-in-crime (lol) Danielle and we decided to meet at Cheddar's for dinner.
Dinner was great. We caught up. After dinner it was time to fixer myself up to go to a club. Honestly I wasn't in the mood because my hair was still crunched up from what I told you already the wet look. I had to keep telling myself, "Get up and stop watching other people's life and continue creating your own."
Disaster struck as my hair was a complete horror and at about 20 minutes till Tay called and said she would be on her way in 15 minutes!! Yikes! I was moving like a bat out of hell and threw my head under the bath tub sink to wash out all the mousse, tied half of my wet hair into a ponytail and left the front half out to blow dry. I self created some type of bouffant style ponytail and finished applying makeup, slathered on Vaseline oil, dabbed on perfume and was ready by the time Tay got there.
Arrival at Venue was cool, however I was little worried about my car in the downtown parking area...but I left it in God's hands! When we got to the club, there was a line. I should have known since Kenny Smith, ex-Rockets Championship basketball player, was throwing the shindig. Whatever, our name was on a list so we didn't wait for long, and soon we were enjoying long island teas, vodka cranberry, and patron shots (my personal favorite) in the exclusive VIP section. By the end of the night total count of patron shots was 7 and we were only there for 2 hours...but because I ate so well earlier I was fine last night and doing great today! Oh and my car was absolutely fabulous! LOL!!

No comments: