Sunday, May 31, 2020

Why try?!

This will honestly be my last about the recent events that are going on in the world. I just don’t have time to keep defending the “Black Americans” plight (and daily life) to non Black individuals that continue to “school” someone or attempt to “know” the history and story of who I am and where I essentially come from as a human being! It’s exhausting and truly BENEATH me!
Due to the recent riots, which most include the propaganda and narrative that they are all looting and violent and criminal activity! At this time, I’m not there and can’t accurately or intelligently speak on the facts of what’s going on. I can only watch the news like you or view the REAL LIVE footage that people, in the protests, are posting on their social media sites. I was asked would I be out protesting and the answer is probably not because; first, we’re in the middle of Covid-19 I thought. Second, I have a toddler at home and if I barely leave her to go to the grocery store to get essential items I’m for damned sure not going out footloose and fancy free into the city to get harassed by police and any other Conservative individuals that find my skin color to be a threat by my very existence.
Then comes a man on, of course social media. He commences to address an entire city about Martin Luther King, Jr. Let me say this first and foremost. It is clear NO ONE that looks like me wants to die at the hands of anyone before their time! The point of the protests have not been to get killed, or thrown in jail, in the very system that destroys people of color on a minute by minute basis. The point of any protests I’m sure; is to garner attention and essentially get results! But this man places a photo up of MLK in a march taken at the end of the 1965 voting rights march from Selma to Montgomery and compares it to the looting that individuals are doing in a rage from the effects of the MURDER of a black man in the streets in 2020!
Of course King was against violence but he was often times placed in violent situations because of the racist and fascist people he went up against. Hence the rise of the Black Panther Party and all other leaders that felt we needed justice by any means necessary. I reminded the group that peaceful protests, especially back in day, usually ended in violence, not at the hands of the protestors, but at the hands police and military and heads of state.
He thought I was insane and his response was this: “Khrystian Nichole ur attempt at the inaccurate   portrayal of this picture is disturbing cuz Dr King was nvr involved in a riot cuz he felt that riots were just as bad as social n economic inequality but a riot did break out aft he was associated which im sure he would condemn”
Duh! ๐Ÿ™„ That was my point! I should’ve stopped there but, no, I kept talking to someone that has only read books, watched movies, and heard stories but doesn’t live in my skin to FEEL the effects of historically leaders and the marks they made due to the color of their skin looking just like mine.
Because I went off and said, “Tony Aguilar I suppose you don’t remember all the times he was arrested...? Or pushed by police...? Most peaceful protests back in the day ended with those being hosed down or tear-gased hence my depiction of peaceful protests. It’s always been about POWER. And the narrative is always one race over the other. Modern day, or liken it to, how Kaepernick attempted to take a knee in silent protest and got called a POS by the President, was boycotted, and black balled from playing in the NFL๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพ‍♀️ The very term riot would indicate some form of uproar but you continue to a good night minimizing the larger issues at hand that we both know don’t involve either a protest, riots, or rage ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ I personally find education and voting in elections other than the presidential election or using my money as a more effective use of protest and change”
Why? Why did I think I could reason with the unreasonable.
He responds, “ Khrystian Nichole what exactly is the bigger picture cuz despite everything Dr King condemned violence as do I, and kaepernick is not playing cuz he's a shitty QB and I'm not sure if u knw this or not but police r not elected“
I know! Why did I keep going, right? You can say it! I’m saying it myself because now the man is just fishing for an argument for the sake of argument and I gave it to him. Knowing full well, in hindsight I’d proven my point in my very first picture representation of how “peaceful” protests ended, especially when he himself agreed with me in his ending rebuttal unbeknownst to him.๐Ÿ™„ In my opinion he totally went into nonsense instead of debating the problem of what people went through back in the 60’s trying to peacefully protest and what people go through in 2020 attempting to protest. Which was my only point. After you can’t do anything else...you resort to everything else and I think that’s what’s happening around this country where our leader constantly invites hate and anger each time he opens his mouth. The climate of this country is HOT waiting to blow...
Meanwhile...I was going to go back and forth...but I remembered I didn’t have to for all the above reasons I’ve written above. I will never again.
Here’s the photograph I posted

Below is what I remember and know of PEACEFUL protests, and didn’t even feel the need to post his many arrest mug shots. The people back then that didn’t look like MLK and me called him a criminal as well...NOW, today he’s a Hero with a day celebrating his birthday!  

Here’s what Tony Aguilar posted to which I responded to

Here is the FULL quote that most racist Americans love to partially quote in rebuttal of what’s happening in America right now. 
 But again, let’s be clear! This man photographed below in front of an American flag, the man that’s being quoted. That man was disliked then...


In case you forgot, hear it from his very own flesh and blood daughter!


No comments: