Friday, November 14, 2014

Read Across Texas

Today, my campus promoting reading Ang provided multiple opportunities for the kids to gain Accelerated Reading points. Faculty, staff, and students were encouraged to dress as their favorite book character. My first thought was Ramona, the Pest, Miss Ramona Quimby herself and that's just who I came as. 
I was overwhelmed one student came and told me, she came as me! Lol! She thought because I wrote a book; she should be my character and she stuck with that logic all day! 
As teachers we were asked to start off our classes reading. I was about to read Ramona, the Pest, when all my students swiftly prompted me to read my book (the children's book that is) I did and the feedback was invaluable and fun to hear. They all said they loved it! ...they may have been biased because I'm their teacher; but then as I stopped at the 10 to 15 minute excerpt they wanted more and a few came afterwards telling me ideas they'd like to see in a sequel! 
I tell you: Kids are something else. They are brutally honest, and my students truly hold me down!

No comments: