Sunday, November 24, 2013

32 Candles

A book by Ernessa T Carter, her first book actually. I quite enjoyed it and found myself pleasantly tickeled throughout the page-turning thirty-two chapters. 
Without giving too much away- 32 Candles was nostalgic and reminiscent of 80's movies mostly starring Molly Ringwald...well the official "Brat Pack" of the Eighties!  In my honest opinion; it also coupled the thriller Carrie, not with such chilling allegations of morbid actions and plot lines, but with hints of sordid overtones and themes. The book did however, pay homage to the Nineties film, Fatal Attraction. 
Most times during the plot, the author, makes her references to any outside influences known and uses them as catalyst to further develop the story, other times if you consider yourself a movie buff, as I do, and clearly like the author; you recognize quirky indirect suggestions to otherwise well-known films in the Eighties and Nineties. 
After fully reading the book my rating out of five; I give this book a strong five! I enjoyed it and I believe you would too! 
My only advice to you, that I've taken from the book, would be; "Don't accept the invitation to crazy...unless you really want to!" (said with a wink and a smile) 

No comments: