Thursday, October 10, 2013

Extra Gorgeous

I have this little Angel of a colleague that's stopped me in the hallway twice this week to comment that I'm looking...her words, "extra gorgeous!" She makes me smile each time, because I think I look a confused, frazzled mess walking fast getting stuff done like a chicken with my head cut off. We see each other often, in passing, in the morning then again in the afternoon. We always smile at each other and continue our fast-paced walk through the whirlwind day...But today, as we were doing our routine fast pass walk this afternoon, she stops, steps in and says, "I just have to ask. Is there a new man in your life?" I laugh and say, "Seriously! Why do you say that?" Her reply, "You just have a glow! You're glowing! You're gorgeous already, but here lately...I don't know. You've been extra gorgeous!" I laugh and say, "You're too kind and too funny! That's so sweet of you to say. Thank you!" She winks and says, "I tell you what! If you don't have a new man...a new one's coming! Extra gorgeous!" Then we both laugh! I say, "You're a mess! You've made my day! Have a great evening!" 

...I guess the jig is up, the dogs have been let out, and the gate is open! Lol
;-) 

No comments: