Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Conjuring

It's no secret I'm a fan of Vera Farmiga! I first fell in love with her performance in Nothing But the Truth (check it out if you haven't seen it) but since then, I've attempted to view the films she been associated with or at the very least starred in. (ok, ok...not really! Lol! Hey, I do what I can when I can do it)
In wanting to see the Conjuring, it was primarily simply because it was the newest scary movie, or thriller, released. I actually hadn't any idea she was apart of the film so I was pleasantly surprised when she appeared on screen. I knew then, I wouldn't be too disappointed in the film! 
Suffice to say; I wasn't let down as far as jumping thrills and anticipation are concerned. My one critique is that the end was rather vague. The entire story centered around demonic spirits, possessions, and infestations but when the climax of the film came and it was proverbially the "conjuring", I felt the exorcism was cut like a short roller coaster...a few high drops, maybe three and then the end we're coasting back into the station, if that makes sense. 
My favorite- and by favorite, I mean most terrifying scary "exorcism" movie I'd suggest is the Exorcism of Emily Rose! I still won't watch it again! No way...to realistically scary! Not to take much away from the Conjuring, but it was no Emily Rose! 
Who knows if it's a true story....of course demonic spirits and possessions do take place, but who knows if these accounts are actually true. 
All in all I'd give the film three out of five stars. If you've seen it; let me know what you think. 

No comments: