Monday, August 5, 2013

DIVA Day❤

Today my Ganny would be 80 years old! I still remember the wretched phone call I got letting me know she left this place as if it were today! Every day since then seems as if I'm coasting through a weird dream that I can't wake up from. It's one of the worst feelings I've ever felt in my life! Have you ever felt that way? Sort of like you're not in control of your thoughts or actions. Sort of like you're actually watching your day play out, as if you're watching television. Sort of like at any moment you'll hear a loud, obnoxious alarm clock ringing...you'll wake and be relieved it was all a dream! 
...except...it's not a dream! But it sure feels like it...

Well today, I still have to press on and party like she's here! Ganny was a true Leo, lioness that LOVED celebrating her birthday! She actually celebrated all month (that's probably where I got it) 
Happy Birthday Ganny!!!!!!!!! 
She was definitely a Diva! She definitely loved living the life she lived! And I'll definitely honor her TODAY! 
Opening Curtain August 5, 1933- Closing Curtain April 18, 2013

1 comment:

snake dr. said...

My granny raised me and when she passed ten years ago a lot went in the grave with her like dressing, sweet potatoe pie apple pie etc. She taught me not to settle or negotiate on matters of truth.I can go on but your writing and paying homage to ganny displays a lot about your character much love and as my man biggie would say "there goes another one" by k.n.