Monday, October 8, 2012

Pound cake!

I LOVE pound cake! My mom's 7-up is my favorite! Then comes a family friend's recipe of Plain! It was SO good I asked for the recipe! Who knew I'd be around here baking...and from SCRATCH at that!?! I really enjoy baking too! Once you master the plain cake recipe you can add flavors (lemon, vanilla, almond) as well! My personal favorite is vanilla extract! You could very well add icing, my personal preference is not to, because frankly; there's no need. I find the hardest part to baking from scratch are the tedious details!
Separating eggs, yuck! It's just gross! Lol! I've since learned from my first time baking a cake from scratch is obviously, to oil the pan, but more importantly than that; remove the cake from the pan and THEN let cool! Maybe you knew that rule, but I did not. After my first snaf-foo 3 years ago, I haven't done it since!
Enjoy this lovely Fall weather and the start to the holidays!! I know I am!
xoxo,
I've included the before oven and after photos :-)

No comments: