Thursday, January 19, 2012

What IS MLK?! (huh?!)

It's the DUTY and role of parents to bridge the gap and not rely solely on EDUCATORS to teach YOUR children!

1. You must teach the history of pioneers like Martin Luther King Jr., Rosa Parks, Medgar Evers, etc
2. You must practice manners, etiquette, personal hygiene.
3. You must instill life skills: how to interact in social settings, in cases of emergency, etc
4. You should want to encourage READING, creativity, culture, health and art.

Those are my top four! Parents SHAPE our children's success or failure! Do what's BEST for your kids and encourage, instill, practice and teach them responsibly!

Okay, I'm off my soapbox...these are just a few things I've been privy to and witness around me, as I'm sure you have too! It's just sad when a ten year old says, "What's MLK?"
Khrysti Shrug

No comments: