Sunday, October 9, 2011

Prioritize

I'm ALL about progression, empowerment and inspiring but let me tell you like this: I would never leave my Fo'show (like the old folks say) for a Don't Know!  It's just not gon' happen! With that being said, and yes, I'm 'bout to lose some readers and possibly friends cuz the truth hurts and nobody ever really wants to hear it! But I have to say this!  It's gone too far! 
Pyramids, inverted pyramids, sideways pyramids, people we've all at some point seen them;  saw a blessing, saw an opportunity and jumped at it! Trust me! I have!  However, I have the good sense that God gave me, to know that when I did indulge in one of the many companies, businesses and or programs out here, my motto was always- "Show me the MONEY!" Not only show me the money in my bank account, but I'll keep my original career, job, or livelihood until I've actually arrived!
Trust me when I say I'm not pointing fingers! EVERYBODY wants the American dream!  Who wouldn't want to be self-sufficient, your own boss, setting your own schedule, taking luxurious trips around the world, spending money as if you had your own money vineyard in some exotic location where there was never the threat of a drought or any other natural disaster?!  You're lying to yourself if you say, "not me!"

Of course everybody has their own idea of what financial security looks like.  But, you reap what you sow! Sow good seed and your harvest will be plentiful!  Sow the right seed and you'll reap for a life-time!  Quitting your career to begin selling an idea, goal, or product is beautiful, if you're able to do it!  Hello?!  Key phrase, IF, IF, IF you're able to do it! Not if you're struggling to pay utilities, medical bills, insurance, house notes, car payment, cell phone, even gas!!!!  Anybody can quit a job and now become a burden to society just to say you work for yourself, but are you sustaining?  Maintaining?  Keeping your head above water?  Times are hard for EVERYBODY, and I'm not just talking about financially; I'm speaking on mentally, spiritually, physically...the woes of life creep upon everybody and no one is immune to daily struggles no matter how large or small.  I suppose my point in all of this is to say: don't stress someone elses life out because of life decisions you make!
If you want to sell a dream, goal or product GO FOR IT!  Do it, but if you've quit a job to solely do that and now you around here struggling to make ends meet, you could easily get from in front of the computer emailing or out of a mixer or meeting long enough to get a job that can handle your everyday expenses. Part-time. Seasonal, whatever floats your boat!  I take serious offense to a person using terminal illnesses that hit close to home to play on the emotions of a consumer to make a buck!
Again, I must say: Show me the money! If you're in the business of selling products, dreams or goals and you aren't living the "life" you're SELLING me.  Please move around until it has come around!  You around here selling dreams and you, yourself are busted and disgusted?!  How does that work?!  We (your target audience)  need the visual!  Your business is not our plan, it's not our vision or passion.  It's yours!  You have us here, or there or reading but... SHOW the money!
Of course I've heard of starting on the ground floor, and that's superb if, like I said; it was our plan, our vision, our passion. But it's not, it's yours! Do SOMETHING with it!  Have INTEGRITY!  Be CREDIBLE!  Everything else WILL follow...
XOXO,
Great Luck!

No comments: