Wednesday, October 12, 2011

As the World Turns (in real-life)... Episode 2

"Hey! How are you doing? I hope you are doing great and staying blessed. I have been trying to get in touch with someone and they're not returning my calls. They owe me money and wont call me or send me my check. Facebook... erased. And emails or calls no response.  All this what happens, didn't only happen to me!! It happen to a lot of other girls and I really can't get in touch or make contact, so I was wondering if you could advise me? Please let me know and God bless you! I really appreciate it. Ciao ciao"

So often we become victims of our kind hearts and circumstances.  I think the most important thing to do, is going to either- follow through legally, that is provided you have proper evidence that money is owed to you, continue contacting via web, ask the other girls how they handled the situation, or charge it as a learning lesson.  The lessonALWAYS have signed documents, contracts, agreements, whatever, when conducting business.  Not only that; don't do work or complete work in full until you're either paid partially or on the agreed upon terms.  Set deadlines.  Set parameters.
Business is business.  So often people jump into a so-called "business" situation not really understanding what they are doing or whom they're entering into that "business" with.  As once said on Jerry Maguire (I love that movie); "It's not show-FRIENDS, it's show-BUSINESS!"  Treat it as such!  Going into a business arrangement with someone and not having a contract is like like working for someone where you have to pay their bills and when it's time for you to get paid; you actually expect them to have money to pay you!  Umm, hello?!  You just had to PAY their bills!  It just doesn't happen...not realistically anyway! 
However, God's not sleep.  He takes care of his children.  Maybe they needed the money more than you, maybe God has something much better in store for you!  Whatever the situation; count it ALL joy!  It'll all work itself out in due time!




:-)

No comments: