Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Things That Make You Go Hmmmm...

As I pay homage to Arsenio Hall and C+C Music Factory...I believe it to be fitting, almost laughable!  Those of you babies born in the 90's and thereafter...sucks to be you right now, because you have no idea what or where that phrase comes from....

Men that aren't catty STAND UP!
We need you!
We want you!!
I know I'm about to get some major flack for this here post, but in the words of Tamar  Braxton...
IDontGiveADamn.com

I also want to preface this post by stressing that I am in NO WAY, NO HOW attempting to teach, tell, or train a man how to be a man.  I don't have the qualifications or equipment; just as a man has no place, right, justification or qualifications to teach a woman how to be a woman.  However, this is America and we certainly have room for opinions.  I read somewhere that opinions are like (sorry to be crass) assholes, and EVERYONE has one!  It's true!  Here, my opinion is more of a series of general observations that I've been witnessing and privy to lately; I suppose it would have to be since I became old enough to care.  Since men have been placed into numerous categories other than: father-figure, friend, or mate.  Here it goes:

Is it just me or is there a massive influx of catty men?! Bitchassness (as Diddy said) and such and such!?  I've been working on this blog for sometime now.  Gathering research.  Collecting research.  Examining evidence.
In my observations and experiences it's not discriminant of age, ethnicity, sexual preference or culture either because I'm seeing it EVERYWHERE and with ALL types of men in the workplace, social networks, politically, religiously, leisurely...EVERYWHERE! From all ages, from all backgrounds and from BOTH heterosexual and homosexual men!
At least you know what you're getting with the homosexual male, they're (typically) supposed to feel like your "sister-girl"!  I have these type of friends, so I'm well aware of their behavior.  I do have some homosexual male friends, that aren't catty, but generally speaking; I'm talking about the many years over...stereotypical homosexual.  Just in case you aren't privy to these individuals you can research by watching them on television, their portrayal on screen.  Call it what you want, but it's reality somewhere.  If you take offense, then you just don't know, but; you better ask somebody.

Enough!  I'm talking about HETEROsexuals?!?!!! I just can't!! Gossipy! Loving to tell what they done seen or heard! Starting conversations with, "she said, he said, he did, she did"! Coming into your office or work-space to find out what the next person said or thinks of them!!  Holding the phone for hours discussing and "getting down to the facts".  At first I was thinking; maybe it's due to the rise of the single mother homes, or possibly the lack of positive affluent male figures.  All of this is or could be up for debate, but now, as I actually write this blog; I've answered my own earlier question...I think it's just me! My misconception of what a man is and/or does!
Don't get me wrong, as I said earlier; I have never or will I ever think it's the place of a woman, let alone lil' old me, to train a man how to be a man and vice versa! Do I agree that a child, boy or girl; that a human-being, male or female needs BOTH positive genders-roles in their life in order to be a well-rounded individual?! ABSOLUTELY!! It doesn't matter if it's the mail man or grocery store clerk...We ALL need positive influences in our lives. Agree or disagree, but that's my stand and I'm sticking to it! So, I just think I've been mislead by the men whom were in my life!  I always thought of the male species as...just something else.  I suppose everyone has a time when they must vent, or express a certain type of feeling.  However, I think in general, and for BOTH genders cattiness is gross and uncomfortable, especially to the person that is exposed to it.

Contrary to popular belief a man can be just as catty, gossipy, or talkative as any (supposed) woman!!!! They (men) LOVE to talk about something they've seen or something they've heard!! Tell them that they're this way and they'll swear up and down that they aren't, but WE know that they in fact: ARE!  It's annoying, and it's surrounding me! I do have some male friends and my closest female friends (whom I love)to rid myself of all of that!!  We (thankfully) prefer to speak of more productive things! Anyone can get sucked into a he say, she say conversation at some point in their life.  No one is inaccessible...but what do we do when it approaches us?  Do we soak it up like a sponge, inject our self into the conversation to, "add our two-cent," or try and remove ourselves from the situation?  That's where REAL and TRUE character comes into play...
...I'll just keep on living....but, it does make me go hmmmmm...

No comments: