Monday, July 23, 2018

Delano & Christine

Man! I knew I’d see you again outside of that office building. Wow! How are you?

I’m good. Hello.

You don’t know who I am, do you? 

No. I’m sorry. I don’t recognize you.

You speak to me every Sunday morning as you go into the building.

No. You must be mistaken. I’ve never met you. 

Maybe because I’m in a suit and tie usually and today I look like a bum, in a white tee shirt and shorts. 

No. I just don’t honestly remember.

I’m the one in the Range Rover that pulls up and we speak almost every Sunday morning.

Oh my goodness! Yes! I remember you now. You DO look totally different. Oh my goodness I didn’t recognize you at all.

A lot of people say that. (He smiles) Can I help you with your bags? I mean, as long as your boyfriend wouldn’t be mad. I noticed you’re not wearing a ring.

(She smiles) I don’t have a husband or a boyfriend but I don’t think anyone would be mad at a gentleman helping a lady to her car with bags.

So, do you live around here? 

I do. In the neighborhood over. How about yourself?

I have family over here and I made the store run.

I see. 

So, now that I’ve shown you I’m a gentleman, helped you to your car and all. You’ve told me you don’t have a boyfriend or husband...could I have your number to call you sometime. Take you out. Get to know you better. 

Well...do you have a wife or girlfriend? 

Divorced. 

And the girlfriend part...

Totally unattached. I’d like to get to know you better. 

I’m not used to getting involved with someone divorced. I don’t know. 

Totally my past. She was a good wife. It didn’t work out, so I gave her the house. Nothing more, nothing less. It’s in the past.

How far will this encounter with Delano and Christine go? Are they both actually single and unattached? Find out if there are any loose ends to tie up?


No comments: