Thursday, April 21, 2016

Until the End of Time...

Until the end of time
I'll be there for you
You own my heart and mind
I truly adore you
If God one day stroke me blind
Your beauty I'd still see
Love is to weak to define
Just what you mean to me
~Adore~

No, not Prince (that's all I could muster to say when I was given the news) Rest in peace musical icon, legend, genius, and BOSS! 
I can only speak on when I saw him live in concert, performing, commanding the stage in only a way he could do; when I observed his non verbal yet wildly expressive body language at awards shows; watching him during interviews or reading his thoughts through the words of his songs. He was a gentle spirit, charismatic, talented, no-nonsense, silly, sweet, and lovable all wrapped into one from this fans point of view. I'll miss the anticipation of new music from him, or surprise performance dates, and tours! I'll miss his smile, laugh, and animated eyes.
I can't even list all the contributions he's made to music, musicians, artists, everybody. I can't list a favorite song or a single, determining factor that attributes to my affection toward him as a contribution to my era of music but I do know a piece of REAL creative outstanding music left this earth along with him. He lives on through HIS music which HE fought SO hard to protect! #PaisleyPark #PurpleRain #TheArtist
"Like books and black lives, albums matter." 

No comments: