Monday, April 14, 2014

Can You Stand the Rain?

Prophetic! 
I was riding along today when the New Edition hit, Can You Stand the Rain, came on through my airwaves.
I speak of the weather in our lives often. The storms, the rainbows, the clouds, the winds, the sunny days....the rain. I love the analogies because they are so prophetic...so profound...yet so simple...so accurate and when spoken or seen paint the PERFECT picture! 
New Edition sang about the storms in a relationship. An affair to remember! They sing to say, yea...you love me now, when the sun shines, and I got everything together...but can you love me when I'm less than perfect? When I don't do the right things or say what you want to hear? Can you love me when my money gets funny or when I'm on my last leg? 
That's all relevant, but I ask; can you love God through the rain...the bad times? Can you still praise Him on those rainy, bad weather days? Can you worship Him? Can you stand the rain...the floods He sends our way? Can you still value your life and morals and not compromise any of them during the rain?
Prophetic! 
Rain may seem drab and bleak. So many people groan at the rainy days. Hair doesn't hold up, plans get canceled, people can't drive, gridlock traffic, etc. However, alas; rain brings forth NEW things! Remember the great flood?
Rain nourishes land. Rain promotes  productivity. Rain provides GROWTH! 
Let's talk more specifically about this flood. When we think of floods, we think of natural disasters. Well...I would think of a natural disaster if someone used it in a conversational context. Usually when we think flood; we see most as natural disasters bringing about devastation. However, God says He'll open the FLOODgates and give us a blessing we don't have room enough to receive... 
That doesn't sound like devastation to me! In fact; He says it's a BLESSING! So, imagine all the effects that, with our human eye, we see as devastation, God has that much power in store for us! That blessing! WOW! 
Can you stand the rain? Sunny days are great and EVERYBODY loves them. Why wouldn't they? But can you stand the rain? Because after the rain comes something greater....but only if you can stand it!

xoxo



No comments: