Sunday, March 3, 2013

Super Sunday Power Hour

The evil of this world stays busy and is a force to be reckoned with!
No sooner than the Pastor of Greater Barbours Chapel Baptist Church, Andrew Berry II, completed his magnificent and enlightening sermon out of John 4. Reminding us of an extreme makeover to ourselves, spread the Good News of God, and to fight the flesh daily because although you may be so "uppity" that you don't believe you have five husbands; you have five vices in your life that keep you or hinder your faithfulness in God. He reminded us as well, instead of being angry for everything, be grateful for one thing...God and His grace!
No sooner....
No sooner...
No sooner than that message left his lips, entered my ears and heart, and no sooner than benediction was over and I was walking out of church, pleased I'd made the decision to come against my better judgement of staying in bed to fight the sinus infection forming, did a chick, unbeknownst to me approach me to say: "Hi. Um. You know the lady you passed in the pew earlier? That was my mother and you almost pushed her over the pew."

"What? I don't recall pushing anyone, but I did pass a lady, touched her arm and said excuse me, she said sorry and kept it moving. Is that the one?"

"Yes. It just kind of irritated me cuz she almost went flying over the pew!"

"Listen. We're in CHURCH. In no way did I push or intend to push anyone. You even saying you're irritated in the church, honey; I'm not trying to be irritated after service behind nothing, and that's not good for you to say you irritated in church still."

"No. I know. That's why I just wanted to tell you-"

"Is this your mom." (pointing to the lady approaching speaking to another family)

"Yes."

"Okay. Ma'am, your daughter seems to think I went over to push you and it irritated her, although we're in church. I assure you in no way did I intend for you to feel pushed! Did you fall over and didn't see it?"

"Well, no. I told her to leave it alone. What happened was I think when she saw you grab my arm-"

"You mean walk by you and put my hand on your arm like any normal person does when they're passing by someone in order to be courteous as I said excuse me?"

"She's just real protective of me."

"I'm protective of myself and my family but again I'll say, my intentions were not to push you over a pew in church after service. Now, let me go find my momma."

"Well no, it's no big deal. But thank you for apologizing to her. I appreciate it."

BITCH please! Well....that's what I wanted to say. I'm a work in progress, you all. I'm extremely pleased with the level of christian maturity I possessed today because Lord knows he delivers me daily, sometimes hourly, from having a bad attitude and an even worse mouth if crossed or if I feel as if someone is doing something against me. Although I'll admit I was super condescending while talking with them in a nice-nasty way- God ain't through with me yet y'all!!

I simply said my part to alleviate any evil spirit about to take over me or to avoid further agitation and took it to the leadership of the church!

You can't fight ignorance for ignorance! What person in their right mind, with an humble spirit or with a Godly mind-set, would admittedly look across a room and get upset that someone touches another person in a "supposed to be" God-fearing atmosphere?! What if I did push her over the pew? Were you attempting to whoop my ass? I think not!

A lesser christian could have turned that scene into so much more. However, another lesser christian did make a big deal out of absolutely nothing and that same lesser christian chose to allow their flesh, an evil spirit of contempt and anger to betray them right in the church, not even 10 minutes after service. The work in progress christian in me chose to write this blog about the incident...

If you're that possessive, protective, insecure, ignorant or stupid about being "touched" at a church... Keep your ass at home!! Partake in bed-side baptist every Sunday!

Okay I'm done venting. What's done is done! It'll all work itself out. I'm just disappointed I suppose that a thief would try and steal the good Word I received and now has actually caused me to write about a foul unnecessary, inappropriate incident "up in" the church! Evil I tell you, comes in all shapes, forms and sizes. You gotta be READY! Put on the FULL armor and STAY prayed up!

Here's to a highly blessed Sunday, in spite of ignorant "church folk"

No comments: