Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Queers Chain

Accents, Smack scents! Everyone, including me, always thinks it'll be romantic, sweet, sexy or all of the above to date someone with an accent! Well I'm here to tell you- I was WRONG!! So very wrong!
I couldn't have been more wrong o_O
It's annoying, confusing and most of all frustrating!
Annoying because I hated to hear my own name pronounced wrong and when it was close to correct; it sounded like a strained weezel....Queers Chain! (say it aloud and that's how my name was said!) He ALWAYS began a sentence with my name too. I think he loved my name, or at least saying it...but I hated it! Shut up already (I wanted to scream)!
If you know me, you already know I'd expressed my frustration...in a calmer more sedated version than screaming shut up of course! "Whuds I'm during Queers Chain?" (Oh for the love of all things Vera Wang shut up!)
No amount of handsome could cure the massive headache I'd suffer after a conversation with him either. What should have been quick, concise conversations all ended up turning into a tug-of-war of "huh", "what", "say that again", "repeat that one more time", "wait, slow down", "one more time"! It was exhausting to say the least! At the end of a three minute conversation I was exhausted and ready to call it a night! "Just text it to me!" Yea! That's what I would have said if text messaging was as prevalent then as it is now! (That's it! The TIMING was off!)
Because my patience is a work in progress, my tolerance or I should say, frustration, got the best of us! Queers Chain had to say good-bye, adìos, au revoir, arrivederci, ciao...you get the picture! It was a great memory, but certainly not a relationship built to last! I couldn't understand him...and now that I think about it...he probably couldn't understand me!
Queers Chain has definitely left the building!

No comments: