Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Brand Mania

So I'm now guitly of joining this brand mania...where no one really cares who you are, but you still self-import yourselves into peoples life.  I have created a website.  Different than my blog, however one in the same.  It began with my fascination of maintaining my unique or so-I-thought name; Khrystian Nichole. 
When I was younger, I hated my name...Khrystian.  To me when someone called it, it sounded as if it should have been a boys name.  It, to me, at the time didn't sound feminine enough.   Andboy was I girly!  Everyone else's name was Crystal, Crissy, Christy, Christina.  Then came the "K" spellings of those same names. 
I could never find my name as an "example", or in the key chain kiosk.  So, I would feel bad.  But alas, I grew into my name...and loved it!  I don't really remember when it grew on me.  It may have happened around my freshman year of college!  There were just so many people that  a would say my name, and say my name well...that I loved hearing it.  They would give me nicknames to go with my name...and it was fabulous! 
Then I began seeing I wasn't the only K. Nichole (however differently spelled)  It was brought to my attention that there were more. (I know it's not some conspiracy...or maybe) 
Many people think I have a nice name.  Unique.  When I sign up at the bank, when I sign my name or introduce myself.  But now; with the inventions of myspace, facebook, yahoo, twitter, and the like; my name isn't all that unusal or unique!  But it IS! Darn it!  I intend to keep it that way...or at least claim it LMAO!  Okay enough...any who, yes...I have website and I know exactly what I'll do with it! 

http://www.khrystiannichole.com/

No comments: