Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Old Fables~

All in all January 2009 is great! The new year started off at an inpromptu hotel party (kutsum, I guess) and ending at a dear friends house. My friend Tay and I drank, laughed, ate and surrounded ourselves with friends and their family!


Kind of made me wish I would have just stayed at home! Not because the parties weren't fun, but because you come to realize being surrounding by other peoples friends and family just how much you love, cherish and miss your own; especially on such an occasion as New Years Eve!


As I've grown older, I began to understand New Years Eve as the night, that at midnight; who ever you're with is supposedly, the person that you'll spend your year with! Hey don't bite my head off...this is just what I've heard! Seemingly, not true! You'll know why as you continue to read my later post.


The innauguration ball I went to this month was also a great exscape...and a grand old time! I found two great dresses for the price of one!! Talk about shopping going great! We traveled about an hour away to attend a surprisingly nice event. I must admit, at first; the only reason I went was because my dad was speaking ( I would have been anywhere else but there had it not been for that). I just figured it'd be a whole bunch of church folks (stuffy, judgmental "Christians" that believe everyone and everything you do is a sin; the kind that are in church shouting hallejuah on Sunday....but raising cain Monday through Saturday)


However, it turned out to be quite the difference.It was a catered affair, with a great dj, huge dance floor, photographer and many people from all over Houston! I should have brought a date (but let's face it...I had no great date in mind)














My absolute favorite part of this month was that it snowed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay so it was December...whatever! LOL


No comments: