Saturday, November 1, 2008

Things I do for Change!

So today is Halloween right!?!


I have been planning to early vote since...well everyday! I've been really busy with work though, so I hadn't been able to get a free minute. Well today is the last day, so I decided to take half a day off from work to go and make a difference in the country by voting.


Okay...long story short, at my one job, it's Drug-Free week and today is the day the staff could dress up for Halloween. This is a first that I've been able to do this and I wanted to be a team player, so I came dressed as a Tiger. Well due to me leaving early from work, and dumbingly (if that is even a word) thinking I could quickly run in and vote, then get something to eat, and then change to go to my next job; I went straight to the voting poll. HAHA!!!!


The joke was seriously on me, as I pulled up and saw the line wrapped around the library twice!!! UGH! I wanted to collapse right there. This was the last day to early vote, and if the lines were this long during early voting...I could just imagine how long they would be on election day! So, I stood in line-



...and yes I even had on the tail!! Many people did love my costume and I got a lot of praise for how creative it was from the people in the polls! LOL


No comments: